It is a year for great celebration, as the Foundation is now 11 years old! I am pleased to report that the activities and accomplishments of the Foundation continue to exceed the expectations of the Board of Directors and our donors. The past year has been an exceptional and memorable one in our 11 year history.
“To provide funding for the advancement of Risk Management and Insurance to students, organizers and stakeholders”.
Highlights from the successes of 2013 include the following:
- $12,500 was awarded in scholarships to worthy students from Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia
- Five (5) students from Ontario and Alberta attended the Canada RIMS conference in Victoria
- Over $105K in donations were raised in 2013
- Net assets as of June 30, 2013 are $950,575
Since inception we have awarded:
- Over 39 undergraduate scholarships ($2500 each)
- Three post graduate John Faulds Awards ($5000 each)
- A total of $112,500 in scholarships have been granted
- 17 students have attended our Student Involvement Program at RIMS Canada. This sponsorship represents approximately $37,000
The Foundation wishes to acknowledge Joe Hardy, a founding Director of the Foundation, for his efforts over the years that have allowed the Foundation to flourish and grow beyond the original dream. We wish him well in his retirement.
The foundation is pleased to announce that Mr. Hardy will now act as the Students Ambassador on behalf of the foundation. Thank you Joe.
The Foundation’s current directors are as follows:
- Joe Restoule (Aegis)
- Mark Roberton (Nexen)
- Ashley Becker (JLT)
- Wayne Hickey (Methanex)
- April Savchuk (Catlin Canada)
- Marley Drainville (Enerplus Corporation)
- Denis Schaeffer (XL Canada)
The McGannon scholars continue to provide testimonials on how the Foundation has made a difference in pursuing their ambitions to become a Risk Practitioner in Canada. This feedback provides the Board with a great sense of pride and accomplishment in developing and equipping the next generation so that they can join our profession.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, I wish to thank all who have contributed to our success, without you, it is not possible to have realized such achievement.